Monday, August 9, 2010

where is my treasure?

oh my little eyes
mother sang to me as a child
for you to be careful at what you see
when i was little i thought they were only bad things
but look- no dont!
the good things are pleasing upon which to fix your gaze too.

what are these riches that have captured my attention?
there is nothing evil in them
see how good they are?
or do i not see?
perhaps i have blinded myself

music music music!
my ears hear the sound and my heart is pleased!
what do people remember the most?
the sermon or the music?
this isnt easy
a price that seems never able to satisfy
it has worked for other servants
why does my heart seem burdened?
was i not sung over as a babe by my father
that Jesus would keep me singing
let me sing for all to hear the glory of my Savior
yet, truth in this choice is not found by those who rule
they do not speak encouraging words
they point me in another direction
should my ears listen to those in authority?
is this God telling me to abandon this wealth of peacefulness?

where am i going?
can i partially surrender?
just in case i havent heard correctly?
for where are You taking me?
i ask for direction and i walk in a fog
what is this cloud that covers Your light?
i cling to something that is not my Lord
why is my grip so strong?
how much more must the Spirit take away so i can see this poison to which i cling is not the answer to all my questions?

tired. sleep. weary. drained.
even youths grow tired and weary
but i am ready to renew my stregth
the cure is to hope in the Lord
the medicine is hard to swallow
might i know the directions before use?

No comments:

Post a Comment