Wednesday, May 26, 2010

from april2010- the response

i hear His voice
Oh what beauty!
His plans are wise His ways are holy
my heart is filled with joy
Forgive me for worrying
You reveal your plans for me in perfect time
The world beckons me to cling to my fears and burdens.
But You, O Lord, command me to surrender and cling to Your Words.
Why do i accept the lies whispered in my ears...
" How can you trust Him? This surely cannot be the plans your God has for you. Go and pray some more. Then rest. The time for action will come later."
O my King! My Father! Silence these doubts.
i hear your Word daily. my flesh pulls away from what my soul has heard.
True rest is found in obedience to the Lord's will.
Praise the Lord, o my soul, for He has opened my eyes.
Ears that were once deaf now hear the sweet words of the Father. Eyes that were once blind have seen the path marked out by the Shepherd.
Rest. Peace. Strength. Boldness. Joy.
All these take place in my heart when i surrender all.

No comments:

Post a Comment